Sat, 30 Sept|
HEALING THE FATHER WOUND
Open to all gender orientations, this 90 minute workshop will help clear any discomfort around masculinity and what we learnt and absorbed from our Fathers. We’ll heal the relationship with our Fathers and bring to light the trauma patterns you carry through your male ancestral line.
Time & Location
30 Sept, 19:00 – 20:30 BST
Fire+Alchemy, 52 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3EP
About the event
You may not recognize the term “father wound,” but you probably know the more popular phrase “daddy issues.” And while it’s mostly associated with women, men are just as likely to be impacted negatively by their fathers.
“Father wound” is another term for father absenteeism. When a person’s father is physically absent, emotionally distant or an abusive, negative or overly critical character, it can have long-term consequences for the individual. Parents are the first people children learn to love, so when they’re unsupportive in any way, it can leave a negative imprint on the psyche.
How to Know If You Have a Father Wound
You may have a father wound if you can identify key indicators when reflecting on your childhood. These can include that your father:
- Was frequently absent
- Was emotionally absent or abusive
- Was highly critical of you and constantly disapproved of your actions, choices and behaviours
- Withheld food, love or other essentials as a form of punishment
- Was physically abusive
Join us for this deeply healing circle to connect through the core of your being and heal your inner sense of self and self-worth.
Through sacred vibrations, a guided somatic practice and ritual, we’ll journey together to retrieve threads of your ancestral lineage and bring in a sense of healing for what is being held in your solar plexus (the seat of your sense of self and self-esteem) and your heart space torelease any sense of loss through a powerful activation.
With intentional practice, ceremony and the ancient medicine of shamanic sound, we’ll close by celebrating the empowering connection to our inner Sun and access the support of the paternal lineages.
- Guided breath activation
- A guided sound healing journey into the central Sun, connecting you to your ancestral lines
- Connecting to the trauma patterns of your paternallineage
- Releasing ritual
- Sharing circle
- Oracle card guidance
- Throat, Heart, Solar Plexus activation
- Wear comfortable clothing which allows for gentle movement
- Writing materials
- You’ll need the full names of your father and grand father
This event is open to all gender orientations.
A Priestess of Sacred Alchemy, Minal Narayani is devoted to the co-evolutionary pathways anchored in our re:membrance, inspired by the ancient future. A multi-faceted healer, ceremonialist, spiritual mentor and master teacher, she blends shamanic sound alchemy, Vedanta yoga, trance led meditations and embodiment practices to enable spiritual warriors to transmute, embody and evolve.
See Minal's full biography here.
- Please note that our classes take place in our Alchemy studio downstairs. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer wheelchair access at this time.