Sat, 11 Nov|
FLOW BY HOLISTYK | ACUPUNCTURE + SOUND BATH + YOGA + THE 8 REVOLUTION
As we transition into the Autumn, a Yin season of harvesting the fruits of our labour + preparing for the inward journey of winter, it’s time to slow down, unblock, cleanse, breathe, let go of the old + embrace the new, nourish the lungs + gut, be grateful for what we achieved + set new intentions.
Time & Location
11 Nov, 10:30 – 13:40 GMT
Fire+Alchemy, 52 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3EP
About the event
Join us for "Flow", an event designed to embrace all of the above, allow a smooth flow of energy, release emotional + physical blocks, boost immunity + digestion, + invite healing to balance our mind, body and spirit and go within.
What to expect:
- Flow Yoga: Summer will guide you through an organic yang-to-yin style flow. First, releasing the yang that has built up over the Summer with a dynamic yet playful flow before dropping deeper into the intention of letting go, nurturing and reflecting, aided by longer holds of restorative asana to help align body, mind and environment. The flow class will be accessible to all levels, you are welcome to join with an open mind & heart to the ancient practice of yoga.
- The 8 Revolution: this group exercise will set you on a journey of compassion and intention. Joanna will guide you through the steps of Lynne’s Mc Taggart revolutionary movement, which involves placing a specific intention to release pain, trauma or any emotional or physical challenge. You will choose a receiver with a challenge in each group, and the rest will send the intention statement to that person. The beauty of this technique is that the more you intend for someone else, the more rebounds back on you, evoking the mirror healing effect.
- Gong bath: before you bathe in the healing vibrations of sound, Malgorzata will use colour essences made from plants and crystals to purify, protect, and elevate the vibration of your aura, harmonising and balancing your body and mind. You will then be guided through a short visualisation and a sound journey. Malgorzata complements her Air-style gong bath with other instruments, such as singing bowls, bells, shakers, and whistles. Together, they create a dream-like soundscape, connecting you with your authentic essence and universe.
- Acupuncture: this is a fantastic opportunity to try out this relaxing and pain-free Chinese medicine modality. Joanna will insert a few tiny disposable needles into acupuncture points during the sound bath to fortify the sound healing experience and strengthen the immune and digestive systems. In Chinese medicine, Autumn is associated with the Metal/Air element and the lung and large intestine organs. These organs are responsible for taking in the new and letting go of the old physically and mentally. Her gentle needling style invites to her treatments even those with needle phobia.
- 10:30 Flow Yoga (11:11 am intention)
- 11:30 The 8 Revolution
- 12:00 Organic rose tea + snack break
- 12:20 Sound Bath + Acupuncture
- 1:20 Connecting, sharing the experience + closing
- 1:40 End
Benefits from all modalities:
- evoking deep relaxation
- connecting with the inner self and people around
- inducing a state of meditation
- calming, balancing and nourishing the body and mind
- clearing of emotional, physical and energetic blockages
- increasing emotional stability and physical vitality
Summer is a trauma-aware yoga teacher who creates safe, inclusive and welcoming environments. She is also a co-founder of ARK, supporting holistic practitioners entering the well-being industry via training and networking.
Joanna is the founder of Holistyk, a community and healing house combining ancient rituals with modern therapies. She has 17 years of experience in the wellness industry. She holds a BSc (Honours) degree in Chinese Medicine Acupuncture, an MSc in Chinese Herbal Medicine, and several massage diplomas obtained both in Thailand and London. She loves combining all her acquired modalities to manage pain and stress through individually curated treatment plans.
Malgorzata is a sound healing practitioner, masseuse, and qualified Hatha Yoga teacher. She has explored various healing modalities. However, it was through her discovery of the transformative power of sound and handcrafted instruments such as gongs, singing bowls, and tuning forks, with their organic simplicity and inherent potency, that she committed herself to work with sound.
- Please note that our classes take place in our Alchemy studio downstairs. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer wheelchair access at this time.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the appointment start time. We are unable to accommodate anyone who arrives after the advertised start time.
- Contraindications of Flow session: epilepsy, fitted pacemakers or metal plates in the body, recent surgery, first trimester of pregnancy.