Thu, 07 Mar|
IWD | STEPPING INTO YOUR POWER THIS IWD @ RSA HOUSE | YOGA, GONG + JOURNALING
Join Lydia and Rose at the RSA House for a Yoga, Journaling + Sound workshop to mark International Women's Day. The theme for this workshop is 'stepping into your power' + will aim to help you connect with your inner fire, allowing your own uniqueness to shine.
Time & Location
07 Mar 2024, 07:30 – 9:00
RSA House, 8 John Adam St, London WC2N 6EZ, UK
About the event
This session aims to help overcome imposter syndrome, something that research has shown disproportionately impacts women.
Where will this session take place:
This session will take place in the famous Vaults space at RSA House, 8 John Adam Street, moments walk from Charing Cross and Embankment Stations. Originally river-front warehouses, the Vaults offer striking exposed 18th-century brickwork.
What to expect:
- The morning will start with a yoga flow allowing you to drop into your body and connect with your breath.
- From there, you'll be guided through some journaling prompts to help you connect to your inner power.
- We'll then settle down for some rest with a sound bath, allowing space to let everything sink in.
Who is this for:
- This beginner-friendly event is open to all genders and requires no prior yoga experience, and is open to both members and non-members of the RSA.
- Please note that this workshop is not suitable to anyone who is pregnant.
About our practitioners:
Lydia Buckingham is a London-based yoga, breath and meditation teacher.
Lydia has a passion for movement and using it to go beyond the physical and to delve deeper into the Self. She has a passion for nature and honours the Wheel of the Year as an anchor in the present.
Rose Berlinger is a London-based sound meditation practitioner, trained in Naad yoga with Leo Cosendai.
Rose facilitates accessible sound immersions that bring people into deep states of relaxation. She wants people to leave feeling blissful and with some tools to create moments of stillness in their daily lives.
- Please bring water, a notebook and pen, and wear clothing appropriate for moving and stretching.
- Please advise Lydia + Rose at the beginning of the session if you have any health or mobility concerns.
- Please arrive 10 minutes earlier than the appointed start time.
About the RSA + RSA House:
The RSA is the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufacture and Commerce. Where world-leading ideas are turned into world-changing actions. The RSA vision is a world where everyone can fulfil their potential and contribute to more resilient, rebalanced and regenerative futures.
The RSA has been at the forefront of significant social impact for over 260 years. Their proven change process, rigorous research, innovative ideas platforms and unique global network of changemakers, work collectively to enable people, places and the planet to flourish.
RSA House has been home to the RSA (and its 30,000 strong fellowship) since 1774 as well as some of the greatest thinkers and social activists of the past 200 years. Some notable names of past and present fellows you might recognise include Charles Dickens, Dame Judi Dench, Sir David Attenborough and Professor Steven Hawking.
For more information about the RSA, please head to their website: https://www.thersa.org.
- Ticket type
- Ticket type
Ticket + BreakfastPrice£35.00