Tue, 14 Mar|
OSTARA | SPRING EQUINOX | EGG CLEANSING, PLANT MEDICINE +DREAM WEAVING CEREMONY
Join us for this Spring Equinox ceremony celebrating the equal lengths of day and night, + preparing us for the next phase of the year. This ceremony combines ritual, Shamanic drumming, a plant tea, + traditional egg cleansing.
Time & Location
14 Mar, 19:30 – 21:30 GMT
Fire+Alchemy, 52 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3EP
About the event
About Spirng Equinox + Ostara
Ostara or the Spring Equinox is the second Spring festival and invites us to create space to make room for our future seeds of desire to grow.
It is a time when the day and night become equal. It is the balance of the light and the dark and a time to celebrate rebirth, new life both the physical embodiment of renewal as well as spiritual. The Spring Equinox is celebrated in cultures all around the world and the Goddess Ostara who has a close relationship with the egg is commonly associated with this abundant time. It is therefore an apt time to work with the healing propensities of the egg which is used within many different cultures within ceremony and ritual.
About this ceremony
- In this powerful ceremony we will come into a heart led linked circle, and make altar offerings to the Goddess Ostara to harness the abundant fertile energy at this time and to give gratitude.
- Participants will then experience an egg cleansing which creates space for our desires to find space to grow.
- Following this we will replenish ourselves through a curated plant tea (non hallucinogenic) specially chosen by your hosts for the evening with Ostara in mind.
- We will then connect to the Goddess Ostara and the specially chosen plant beverage through Shamanic drumming to receive healing messages to give us direction as to our needs.
- This beautiful ceremony will finish with some dream weaving to invite in a softening between our will and heart, to find a mid point between control and surrender in order to allow us room to flourish and grow over the next coming season.
- We will close this event with divination and sharing.
What to bring:
- Please wear comfortable soft clothing, not your best pieces, no big belts etc
- Pen and paper to write down any insights
- An offering for the altar, this can be an offering you leave such as fruit, a feather etc (if so please make sure it is biodegradable as we will dispose of it later) or an item you might wish to 'energy charge' on the altar, such as a crystal, piece of jewellery, that you will take home with you.
- An open heart
"Really lovely experience. Initially I was nervous to start with as it took me completely out of my comfort zone with strangers. I loved the music and drumming. It was a very powerful experience! I would definitely do this again!"
"I loved the experience! I am so grateful for meeting you, for having this beautiful time. I felt so relaxed and at peace. I can't say thank you enough, thank you! Blessing you!
About your facilitators:
Justine Nagaur is a Spiritual Life Coach & Healer - Empowering empaths and HSP's to understand and manage their energy, emotions, behaviours and responses through 1:1 sessions and group circles. She is also a reiki master, an accredited crystal practitioner, a pranayama breathwork practitioner, sound healer and a yoga Nidra facilitator.
See Justine's full bio here.
Christian Thurow is a Shamanic Practitioner and Reiki Healer, based in London. He studies with leading shamanic teachers, and is the editor of ShamanPortal Quarterly Review.
See Christian's full bio here.
- Please note that our classes take place in our Alchemy studio downstairs. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer wheelchair access at this time.
- Please only take part in the event if you are physically able. If you are unsure for any reason please contact your doctor or mental health professional first for advice.